- Any 1970 or newer American sedan with a minimum wheelbase allowed is 101"(1" tolerance) Weight 3100 lb with original driver.
- No sub compacts allowed.
- Car body must be strictly stock. No modifications or alterations of any kind unless outlined below. No flaring of bodies.
- Stock body panels or self made body panels aluminum or metal only that are as close to stock appearing as possible with no sharp edges or protrusions. Stock dimensions for make and model of chassis.
- Doors may be replaced with 18 gauge (.047”) steel.
- Removal of interior parts which can be removed by hand tools okay. No cutting of any panels allowed. Any interior part that is flammable must be removed. Removal and gutting of roof to install roll cage ok.
- Left and right front passenger doors may be gutted for roll bars. Minimum of 4 bars on drivers side. Three bars on passenger side.
- All exterior trim must be removed.
- Hood must have hood pins in front, hinges or pins at rear.
- Inner front fender panels may be removed.
- Complete floor pan must be retained.
- Fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance.
- Stock factory brake pedal must be mounted in original factory stock location.
- The window channel on the front doors of a sedan style body may be removed. All other window posts must remain as placed by manufacturer in original location.
- All glass and plastic must be removed. Plastic nose pieces okay.
- No side windows of any kind.
- Factory spoilers and side skirts ok. 6” x 60” maximum aftermarket spoiler. No side spoilers. Aftermarket side skirts must meet ride height rule.
- No holes in hood. Hood must close in original stock position and retain original stock configuration. Trunk lid must have hinges and pins.
- Bumpers may be steel tubing with no sharp edges, corners must be rounded.
- Steel tubing may be used to brace or protect radiator. One hoop bar over radiator attached to frame horns may be used. It may be braced with bars angled to frame horns.
- Wire mesh or metal bars must be installed in front of driver in place of windshield.
- Inner skin of hood and trunk lid may be gutted.
- Trunk area may be gutted from center of rearend housing back. Stock frame rails must remain.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
- Aftermarket springs ok. No composite leaf springs. Rear coil spring bucket spacers ok -- must be same height. Leaf springs may run longer or shorter shackles than stock -- both must be same length.
- May use non-threaded, non-adjustable spring buckets in front only. Must be same height. NO TOLERANCE.
- Camber may be adjusted with any length bolts. Factory replacement offset upper control arm shaft ok.
- Stock replacement shocks: no extensions, steel body, non-adjustable, shock must be in factory stock locations. 50/50 or split valve shocks ok. No External adjustable shocks. Shock claimer of $60 per shock and your shocks. Driver making claim must be in top 5 and finished on lead lap. Driver must make his desire to claim to tech inspector in writing, upon exiting the racing surface and prior to passing the scale house. (You can only claim the shocks of a car that finishes in front of you.)
- Sway bar may be removed. If the sway bar remains on car it must be stock for make and model.
- Ride height 6". The top 3 in each heat will be checked weekly, after compleation of heat races or any event where qualifying is used to set the starting lineup. If your car is found low you will be required to fix your ride height and start at the tail of the feature event. Driver with ride height infraction will be required to bring their car through tech for clearance before the start of the feature event.
- Stock for make and model. Gm 350, Chrysler 360, Ford 351 max. Metric cars will be allowed 350 cubic inches. Engine location in stock position for make and model in factory mounts.
- Engines must remain strictly stock as produced by manufacturer. No modifications of any kind unless outlined herein.
- No high performance engine of any kind. No high performance parts of any kind. No air boxes.
- Heads 70 cc minimum.
- 3 angle valve job ok. Final cut no greater than 75 degrees. No 2.02 heads.
- Bronze guides ok.
- 1.270” o.d. maximum valve spring diameter. OEM replacement valve spring retainers ok. No light weight, aluminum, or titanium.
- Stainless OEM stock replacement valves. Neck downs and swirl polished ok.
- Screw in studs, guide plates, and poly locks ok.
- No grinding on any part of engine or component.
- Maximum over bore allowed is .060 + .010 for clearance.
- Optional: pulleys, oil pan, and engine fasteners.
- Cam lift: GM .390/.410, Ford .425/450, Dodge .390/.420, Pontiac .388/.424. Camshaft may be degreed. No gear drives.
- Any stock quadrajet (choke plate may be removed) or Holley 4412 with Mr. Gasket PT#1929 adapter. May remove choke plate, change jets, power valve, and accelerator pump.
- Ford may use Holley 1850. May remove choke plate, change jets, power valve and accelerator pump. No secondary metering block.
- Lifter valley baffle and screens ok.
- OEM four eyebrow flat top piston ok.
- Any air cleaner, steel top.
- Aluminum radiator and water pump ok.
- Aftermarket power steering pump and engine oil cooler ok.
- All internal components cannot exceed factory OEM specs. It is your responsibility to provide factory data to back up specs.
- Solid motor mounts allowed and must be mounted in stock location. May chain, strap, or use OEM replacement urethane motor mounts.
- Cast iron intake only. No marine intakes.
- Z/28 flywheel okay. Minimum weight 14lbs.
- Crankshaft OEM stock may also use stock replacement Eagle or Scat, cast(48lb) or forged(51lb). Must have a legible part number, if there is no part number it will be deemed illegal.
- Connecting Rods OEM stock or Scat replacement(3-ICR5700P).
- Balancing of the rotating assembly is allowed. No lightening, excessive grinding or shaving of rotating assembly.
- Rear end must be strictly stock for make and model. Welded rear end ok. Mini spool okay.
- May run aftermarket OEM replacement axles. C clip eliminators ok.
- Transmissions must have all working gears. Factory type mounts.
- Engine location in stock position for make and model in factory mounts.
- Z/28 flywheel okay. Minimum weight 14lbs.
- Solid hub clutch disc ok. Must be full circle.
- No light weight clutch assemblies.
- 12 volt battery fired ignition only.
- OEM points or HEI distributor only.
- May use billet distributor housing.
- Distributor may be locked.
- No printed circuit board modules.
- Alternator ok.
- Stock OEM exhaust manifold or under chassis header with 3 inch collector. $200 max on header. Must show receipt or part number for header.
- Exhaust pipe must exit behind the driver and no larger than 2 1/2 inches all the way.
- No center dump exhaust manifold.
- Mufflers okay.
- No additives allowed.
- Maximum of 22 gallon fuel cell
- Fuel cell must be in 12 gauge can and centered.
- See general rules for fuel cell requirements.
- No E85 or any fuel additives allowed.
- Stock factory OEM 4 wheel working brakes only.
- No brake bias devices of any kind.
- May remove OEM proportioning valve.
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Maximum 8" wheels.
- Minimum 7/16" studs with 1" lug nuts on all four wheels.
- Tires must be passenger car DOT 70 or 75 series radials only. No LT or purpose built snow tires or any tire with mountain and snowflake symbol. No recaps. All tires must be same size except for right front which is mandatory 8" Hoosier or RC4.
- Tires must not exceed 2" from fender wells, except right front.
- 3 steel wheels 15x7 or 15x8 -- offset 3 or 4 inches but all must be same except rf.
- No wheel spacers.
- Right front tire will be either 8" Hoosier with 8" wheel or 10" wheel with Hoosier RC4 tire(sportsman). This is mandatory.
- 2” maximum offset on RF only.
- Beadlock ok on right rear only.
- NO tire softeners. NO soaking of tires. NO pre-heating of tires. NO chemicals of any type inside of tires except oxygen or nitrogen. All tires are subject to a punch rule.
- The Bubba Raceway Park officials may inspect any car and equipment at anytime for compliance. All cars must have a
safety inspection each season before they race.
- All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the track.
- Racing helmet with min Snell 95 rating. Neck brace or hans device recommended.
- Fire suit with SFI min rating of "I". No holes or torn fire suits allowed.
- Fire resistant gloves, shoes and socks must be worn at all times car is on track.
- A MINIMUM 4 point roll cage must be steel pipe or tubing, a minimum of 1 1/2" (1.50") outside diameter with
minimum .095" wall thickness. No square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed. No exceptions. Roll bar padding
required around driver. Unibody cars may be tied together not to exceed 10" overlap at joint front and rear. No double frame. All rear & front roll cage tubes must sit on original frame.
- An engine kill switch must be mounted in the window net area and easily accessible by the driver and from the outside of the car. The switch must be clearly marked "Ignition switch" and show on and off position.
- All cars must have a fire extinguisher minimum 2 lbs. securely mounted within easy reach of the driver.
- A single quick release 4 point harness( minimum 3" belts) dated with in the last 5 years or newer is required in all vehicles. All required
belts must be in use anytime the car is on the track. Racing harness must be attached to the role cage.
- Window nets are required on the drivers side of the car and must be securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top and
be operational from inside and outside of car. Drivers must be able to exit both sides of the car.
- Aluminum racing seats mandatory.
- Drive shaft must be painted white and include the car number. Drive shaft hoop will be a 5" diameter steel loop. 1"
wide and 1/4" thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12" from the front universal. Must have one on rear
- One 12v battery shall be secured to frame of car and must be encased.
- All lead ballast must be painted white with car number and secured with one 1/2" bolt per 50lbs. It is your responsibility
to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Penalty weights must be painted red or orange.
- Throttle toe strap is mandatory. Throttle linkage must have two return springs.
- All cars must have front and rear hook ups for towing.
- All cars must have a radiator over flow can. Water only for coolant.
- All standard transmissions must have a scatter shield.
If it's not stated in the rules it doesn't mean it's approved. Please consult with the tech-man for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition.