THIS IS A PROTEST DIVISION
No radios. Raceceivers mandatory.
- Late Model type bodies Optional. Non crate engine cars 8″spoiler. 602 Crate engine cars = 12" spoiler. 604 Crate engine cars = 10" spoiler.
- All bodies must remain stock appearing (see late model drawings).
- After market steel and/or aluminum bodies may be used and must remain stock appearing.
- NO fiberglass bodies allowed. A fiberglass roof and hood are allowed. Must be able to prove that these items meet fire retardant standards.
- Stock-type nose pieces are optional.
- No lowering of roofs.
- Factory-type bumpers or round tubing in original location. NO SHARP EDGES. ALL BUMPERS MUST TURN BACK TOWARD FRAME.
- No wings, no mirrors.
- Skirts allowed 6″ below front bumper.
- TUNNEL Drivers’ side must have full floorboard. Drivers’ seat must be 3″ ahead of left rear wheel.
- Must have tow hook on front and rear of car.
- FULL WINDSHIELD SCREEN MANDATORY. (maximum 1×2 square).
- Pick-up truck bodies – OK. Must have truck type nose.
B: CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
- Steel tubular clip chassis or stock clip chassis are allowed.
- No aluminum or titanium allowed in chassis construction.
- Rear frame optional.
- Minimum wheel base is 101 inches
- Any round tube, square tube or rectangular tubing with minimum 1 ½ inch X .083” wall tubing.
- Cars must have a suitable steel roll cage in drivers compartment including seat bracket and head rest mounted safely.
- A minimum of three (3) door bars are mandatory on drivers side of roll cage. Each door bar must be round tubing with a minimum of 1 ½ inch X .095” wall thickness.
- All cars must have either a 16 gauge steel plate welded to outside of door bars or a ¼” aluminum plate bolted to outside of door bars. This plate must reach from lowest door bar to highest door bar and from behind driver’s seat to at least 6 inches in front of seat.
- Roll cage must extend at least 1” above drivers helmet.
- Roll cage must be welded to the frame.
- Frame to body or motor to frame optional. Engine to body optional.
- Front suspension, steering box, steering quickener, rack and pinion, and a-frames are optional.
- Racing shocks allowed.
- Steel or Aluminum Coil-over and coil-over eliminators allowed. Spring size optional.
- NO canister or remote reservoir shocks allowed.
- Steering rods may be shortened or lengthened. Tie rod ends may use steel or aluminum adjustment sleeves plus heim tie rods. STEEL HEIM JOINTS ONLY. NO aluminum or titanium. Aftermarket spindles OK.
- Sway bars and safety hubs on front are optional.
- Rear suspensions optional. i.e. Coil, coil-over, coil-over eliminators, or leaf springs allowed. No mismatches: i.e. leaf/coil combination. Must be same on both sides of rear. No fiberglass or carbon fiber springs. Sliders on rear leaf cars permitted. 4-bar or 3-bar suspensions are allowed. Fifth coil set-ups on lift bars allowed. Birdcages on rear ends are allowed. These birdcages are allowed to swivel. Single pan hard bars may be used on coil spring cars only, but must be approved by Tech Inspector. Heim ends may be used for mounting. NO adjustments while running.
D. REAR END
- Rear End may be locked, Interchanged in rear end permitted. 2″ offset rear ends. Quick change optional. Stock floaters optional. No Detroit lockers or any other ratchet type rear end; spools are authorized, steel or aluminum.
- Rear safety hub. Dual spline axle (safety hub) will be allowed. Grand National type.
- Brake and clutch pedals may be stock or after market style. Four wheel disc brakes permitted. Calipers are optional. All must be operating. Right front brake optional.
F. DRIVE SHAFT
- ALUMINUM, STEEL, and CARBON FIBER allowed. Must have driveshaft loop.
- Must have operational reverse gear. Automatics may remove torque converter.
- Bert and Quick-change transmissions OK
- NO direct drive or in/out boxes allowed.
- Any type clutch in stock location. Ram couplers OK. MUST HAVE A 3″ INSPECTION HOLE IN BELL HOUSING.
- Must be in stock location.
- Aluminum radiators allowed.
- Engine must be stock except for those items specifically spelled out in these rules. NO interchanging of internal parts. No high performance engines or parts. ALL accessories must be powered by engine. MINI-STARTERS ALLOWED. No aftermarket blocks. Manufacturer only.GM CRATE MOTOR:
- Oil pump. Engine oil pump may be high pressure and high volume. (stock configuration)
- If you are running CHEV 400 block, you will be allowed to run cooling lines to help cool the engine. Check with TECH before doing so. This also applies to all V8 engines.
GM Crate Motor 602 (GM part number 88958602) are allowed. The 602 crate motor must remain sealed as it was supplied by factory. NO ALTERING, TAMPERING, CHANGING OR REMOVING OF ANY PARTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
The GM Crate Motor #604(88958604) is allowed in the Limited Late Model Class.
Milling of block permitted. Porting or polishing block is not permitted. NO ALUMINUM BLOCK. Lifter trays and screen on top of block allowed.
Any flat top piston, maximum .060 overbore, plus .015 tolerance. Floating wrist pins allowed.
Engines may be balanced.
- RODS AND CRANKSHAFT:
Stock stroke for block being used.
- 5.7″ long or 5.65″ long only
- Any steel rod.
- Polished stock rods.
- Crank balancing optional.
- Minimum weight on crank – 48 lbs.
- HEADS & VALVES
- Any ratio rocker arms.
- All Chevy heads must remain within one degree of 23 degree valve angle heads
- Dodge heads must remain within one degree of 18 degree valve angle
- Ford heads must remain within one degree of 20 degree valve angle.
ALL HEADS MUST BE OEM STOCK OR OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT HEADS
APPROVED OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT STEEL HEADS:
- Dart Heads: World Products: GM Performance Parts:
- #10021070 #043600-1 or -2 #3991492
- 10021070s 043610-1 or -2 141010837
- 10024360 043640-1 or -2 1409621
- 10024361 043650-1 or -2 10239906-vortec
- 10024362 12558062-vortec
- 10024364 Summit Racing:
- 10024365 #SUM-151124-vortec Racing Head Service:
- 10024370 #12400
- Pro Topline : Smiley’s Racing Products:
- #223 7694 167T #CC167CS
- 223 7694 217 CC167ES
- 223 6494 083 JPA350HS
- 223 6494 906- vortec JPA350HH
- Dodge or Ford OEM Stock Replacement heads must be approved by Bubba Raceway Park tech.
- NO titanium valves. Valve retainer optional. Stainless steel valves O.K. No porting, polishing or gasket matching. NO ALUMINUM HEADS. Screw-in studs and guide plates optional. Roller rockers optional. Valve springs optional, machining of head for large valve spring O.K. Retainers optional.
- VALVE SIZE:
- Chevrolet: intake-1.94” maximum / Exhaust maximum 1.625
- Ford: intake- 2.02” maximum / Exhaust- 1.654” maximum
- Mopar: intake- 2.02” maximum / Exhaust- 1.625” maximum
- Dart Heads: World Products: GM Performance Parts:
- INTAKE MANIFOLD:
- Any after market 4-barrell intake may be used. No porting or polishing, or gasket matching allowed.
- Maximum 1.65 inch height adapter plate between carburetor and intake manifold. This includes spacer plus 2 gaskets.
- ENGINE LOCATION:
- Tubular clip chassis= Chevrolet engine-maximum 6” set back. No Tolerance. Must have 100 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
- Ford engines-maximum 6” setback. Must have 50 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
- Stock clip chassis= maximum 6” set back. No tolerance.
- Engine may be offset a maximum 2” from center, measured from ball joints.
- Any flat tappet cam and lifters. No mushroom lifters or roller cams
- Any non-adjustable push rod allowed.
- IGNITION:ALUMINUM WATER PUMP PERMITTED
- Any stock factory electronics permitted. Dual point distributor may be used as long as one side is blocked off and functions only as a single point system. External coil wires on G.M. electronic distributor ok. MSD BOXES Ok.
- One 12-volt battery per car. NO 18-volt batteries.
- No battery inside driver’s compartment.
K. FUEL SYSTEMS
- NO ROTARY FUEL PUMPS. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP
- Any stock (GM TO GM) fuel pump or after market pump. Carter, Holley, etc. 8 lbs. pressure MAX.
a. May run 1 of 3 carbs Holley 4412 or Holley 4150/750cfm/50127c or 80541
M. FUEL TANK
- Fuel tanks 33 gal. maximum.
- Plastic fuel cells must be encased in aluminum canister.
- No electric fuel pumps.
- Fuel petroleum base. (GAS!) Regular pump type gas, CAM2 or equivalent. NO TRICK ADDITIVES…NO ALCOHOL, etc.
N. WHEEL AND TIRES
- Hoosier D21, D55 or RC4 only. 10 or 12 inch steel or aluminum rims.
- NO tire softeners. NO soaking of tires. NO pre-heating of tires. NO chemicals of any type inside of tires except oxygen or nitrogen. All tires are subject to a 48 punch rule.
O. EXHAUST SYSTEMS
- Headers or stock exhaust manifolds O.K.
Definition of stock means no modification to factory parts or factory specifications.
Total weight minimum after race with driver
- Stock or tube front clip cars= 2650 lbs.with an 8″ spoiler.
- Stock or tube front clip cars with 602 crate motor = 2450 lbs with a 12″ spoiler.
- Stock or tube front clip with 604 crate motor = 2550 lbs. with a 10″ spoiler.
- All tubular clip cars with Chevrolet engine must have 100 lbs. mounted in front of flywheel.
- Sealed crate engines do not have to add weight in front of flywheel.
- All tubular clip cars with Ford or Mopar engine must have 50 lbs mounted in front of flywheel. NO TOLERANCE!!
Top 5 finishers must go across scale after feature and then report directly to TECH SHED. Tech inspector will inspect first five and anyone else track sees fit.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.