- See calendar for racing schedule. Gates will open on FRIDAYS at 4p.m.
Open practice 5:00PM-5:30PM
Controlled Practice 5:30PM-6:45pm
Drivers meeting 7:00pm
Races start at 7:15PM
- BUBBA RACEWAY PARK strives for family fun and sportsmanship
Any racer whether a minor or an adult is responsible for the conduct of their pit crew at all times. Officials have the right to suspend crew members and/or drivers at their discretion!
CUSING OR THREATEN OF A RACE TRACK EMPLOYEE WILL RESULT IN:
1ST OFFENSE $250.00,
2ND OFFENSE $250.00 & 4 RACE SUSPENSION,
3RD OFFENSE 1 YEAR & $250.00.
THIS APPLIES TO DRIVER AND/OR PIT CREW, PARENTS ETC.
- ***No Refunds*** In the event of a rain out, your armbands will be used as your rain checks. Rain checks are only good for a two week period of time. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Relief Driver: No Driver Substitutes
- All drivers must be registered in a class and Safety Tech prior to entering the track for practice.
- 2000 Snell minimum requirement for all Racing Helmets
- All drivers must wear a helmet (see # 6), some type of eye protection, racing or track approved jacket (or Nomex Suit), closed shoes, gloves, and a neck brace must be worn while driving on the race track. NO BLACK FACE SHIELDS once track lights are on. RACE RECEIVERS ARE MANDATORY AND CAN BE RENTED AT TRACK FOR $5.00 DRIVERS LICENSE WILL BE HELD AND RETURN UPON RETURNING OF RACE RECEIVER IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
- All drivers must slow down, move to the outside of the track, and signal before entering the pits.
- No Karts will be permitted to drive in the pits (NO DRIVING IN THE PITS). Engines will be started in the grid area. At the end of each race the karts will pull up to the scales. Each kart and driver will be weighed. After weighing engines will be cut off and karts will be pushed to pit area. NO EXCEPTIONS! ANY DRIVER DRIVING IN THE PIT WILL LOOSE POINTS FOR THAT NIGHT!
- Karts will line up in the correct order for each race on the grid area. Only ONE person per kart on grid. NO TOOLS ALLOWED IN GRID AREA! ( AIR OUT ONLY ON TIRE IS PERMITTED) When the grid/track gate opens the karts will enter the track in the correct line up order ready to begin racing. The flag man will start the races at the chalk line out of turn four. Two attempts will be made in double file, after the 2nd attempt the front two rows will be inverted.
- All kart wagons must be put in designated area south of the grid and not left at Grid entrance blocking the grid access.
- One lap will be given if a kart is unable to start on the grid. If after one warm up lap kart will be allowed 90 seconds then is allowed to enter the track, but that kart will start in the rear of the field.
- Restart will be single file, no weaving allowed, restarts will start at chalk line on back straight karts can not pass until green light comes on, penalty for jumping restarts two positions for every kart passed.
- Once a kart enters pits it can NOT return to the race track.
- Any driver who fails to drive in a safe manner and or who is considered by the flag man and or race director to be rough driving , blocking or chopping will be "black flagged" off the track for that race. They will be scored with zero points for the race they were black flagged in. The exception to this rule is if any kart/driver is "black flagged" for equipment problems, then the driver will be scored with last place points for that race.
- OVER AGGRESSIVE drivers who take out another kart to gain a position will be penalized three positions, if this happens in a heat race kart can not start any higher than 5th place in the feature.
- In the event of accident, we realize that family and friend are concerned, however, please do not enter the track area until instructed by the officials. This will help in preventing an additional accident until we can get the karts stopped. Only immediate family members will be allowed on the track.
- NO RESTARTING of engines after 1st green lap has been completed is allowed unless it an engine which will not run under double or single file condition to start the race . EXCEPTION TO THIS IS IF ENGINE STALLS WHILE THE LINE UP IS BEING CORRECTED BY RACE OFFICIALS THAT STOPPED KARTS!
- RED FLAG- stop as quickly and safely as possible. No work or adjustment ( no air in or out nothing, track official may adjust a body panel if need track decision) can be done on karts during red flag.
- REMEMBER - NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON THE RACE TRACK WITH OUT PERMISSION FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR. (THIS MAY RESULT IN DRIVER AND KART DISQUALIFICATION)
- NO PASSING - once the track is brought under yellow by the flag man. A caution means you must slow down, any kart not following the caution flag will be put to the rear for the restart of the race. First place kart has the responsibility of leading the karts around the track while under yellow at a reasonable caution speed.
- YELLOW FLAG: Drivers should fall into single file so the scorers will then line up karts.
- All kart involved in a yellow will be relegated to the rear of the field. We realize at times drivers are penalized that are possibly innocent, but this is the fairest procedure to eliminate judgment calls.
- ALL MINORS DRIVERS MUST HAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND MINOR RELEASES ON FILE AT BUBBA RACEWAY PARK REGISTRATION OFFICE!
- After race all karts must go directly to scales. No crew members allowed in scale area. Failing to do this thing will resort in a DISQUALIFICATION for that race.
- TIRES: SLICKS ONLY; maximum 6-inch wheel; no more than 4 tires. Maximum wheel width 10 3/8 outside lip.
- NUMBERS: All karts MUST HAVE numbers on ALL FOUR SIDES (minimum 6"). Painted numbers must be in Black On White or White On Black contrasting colors. All numbers must be clearly visible. If your number is damaged or lost during a race, REPLACE it before your next race. NO DUCT OR BLACK TAPE... Numbers must be registered at the sign in booth before using that number.
- NO overhead spoilers permitted.
- No scrub-type brakes (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- WKA Mufflers are required and must be securely attached.
- 1/2 inch gear clearance rule will be strictly enforced. Anyone not in compliance will receive no points for that day’s racing.
- The distance from the ground to the lower bar on the rear of the kart must be no greater than seven (7) inches.
- In the event of a tie between drivers scores, all ties will be decided by the pill draw.
- ZERO TOLERANCE: Using any type of control substances, marijuana, cocaine, etc. will be 1 year suspension NO EXCEPTIONS! The same goes for driving a race under the influence of alcohol. No alcohol or beer until the last checkered flag of the event. (ANYONE CAUGHT DRINKING WILL BE ESCORTED OF THE PROPERTY AND THE DRIVER DISQUALIFIED WITH A 2 RACE SUSPENSION)
- ANY ACTION BY A DRIVER OR PIT CREW , FAMILY OR FRIENDS WHICH ARE DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT OF RACING OR THE SAFETY OF ONE OR MORE OF THE COMPETITORS WILL RESULT IN A MINIMUM OF 1 YEAR SUSPENSION. THIS RULE IS UNAPPEALABLE.
- Fighting or any Personal Act of Violent Contact by or between Drivers , Crew members , Family Members of any type. WILL RESULT IN A 2 RACE SUSPENSION FOR THE DRIVERS OR PARTIES INVOLVED NO EXCEPTION 2ND OFFENCE 4 RACES , 3RD OFFENSE SEE YA NEXT SEASON.
- ANYONE CAUGHT DUMPING OIL ON THE GROUND WILL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED FROM THE RACE TRACK!!! THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- RACE DIRECTOR: The race director is here to help the program run smooth and to enforce the rules and procedures. If you are having a problem, please make the race director aware of the problem. We can not correct a situation if we are not made aware.
- PROTEST - ALL PROTEST MUST BE FILED IN WRITING ALONG WITH MONEY AND IN THE RACE DIRECTOR’S HAND PRIOR TO THE CHECKERED FLAG OF THE FEATURE RACE!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS. A driver which chooses to protest while racing on the track will be allowed 15 minutes after the checkered flag falls in their races. Above procedure applies.
- For the end of the year point standings, any ties will be broken by the racer with the most feature wins.
A. Fee will be $75.00.
B. If motor is legal - protest fee will be broken down as follows:
Fee goes to Track Point Fund $50.00
Protested Kart $25.00
C. If motor is illegal- protest fee will be as follows:
Fee goes to Track Point Fund $50.00
D. Protestor tears down FIRST and be legal before tearing down Protested Kart.
II- ALL RULINGS ARE FINAL BASED ON TECH PERSONALS FINDINGS
PROTESTOR CAN FILE A WRITTEN APPEAL TO TECH COMMITTEE THAT MUST BE HANDED TO TECH PERSONAL BEFORE END OF DAY/NIGHT OF PROTESTED RACE
III. Engine Tech:
A. If found illegal on points night = penalty is loss of points for that night, plus an additional 5 points.
B. If found illegal on non-points night = loss of position earned for that night.
C. Refusal to tear down on points night = penalty will be loss of points for that night plus an additional 5 points.
IV. Restrictor Plate Tech. By Protest or Track Option - requires no fee:
A. First Offense:
1. On points night if a restrictor is found illegal = penalty will be loss of points for that night, plus an additional 5 points off of accumulated track points.
2. On non-points nights if a restrictor is found illegal = penalty will be loss of points for that night.
B. Second Offense:
1. Suspension of two point night events and any event in between, plus that nights points earned and an additional 5 points.
BUBBA RACEWAY PARK GO-KARTS RACING FORMAT
I. Each class will be running one 10 lap heat and one 20 lap feature.
A. Starting position for the first heat will be decided by the pills drawn at sign in.
B. Starting position for the feature will be determined by the pill drawn by the winner of the heat race.( Your finish in the feature will determine your overall finish for that night points.)
Trophies will be paid by the drivers finishing position in the feature.
SCALE FOR TROPHIES AWARDED
1 to 3 Karts = 1 Trophy
4 to 6 Karts = 2 Trophies
7 + Karts = 3 Trophies